Hey there and happy New Year! We here at Chimera hope 2016 is your best year yet (and that "making more things" made it onto your list of New Years resolutions!)
Did you know that Chimera is VERY close to opening our new 3,000sqft facility? Read on to see what's up next for you favorite community makerspace!
Here is the nitty-gritty details about our buildout progress:
- ⚡️PG&E has finished hooking up the buildings electrical (finally!)
- Our interior electrical buildout is about 75% complete
- The city will be doing a rough electrical inspection on our space next week!
- Our "coworking counter" is complete and will be mounted shortly
- Our salvage wood and steel work tables are almost complete
- Our reception desk is finished!
- Painting in the space is about half done
- 🚶We are waiting on completion of the front sidewalk and general building sign off from the city
- We are working to finish up our electrical, painting and interior decoration as well as moving our supplies over to the new space.
- We will be building out the jewlery/light metal fab room and conference room shortly
- We will be having a lot of public shop work days leading up to our opening, checkout our Meetup.com page for more info and lend a hand!
- Stay tuned for our opening date and open house event!
If you're a Chimera member, expect some downtime before we open in the new space while we move things over. We will also be reaching out to you to transfer over your membership to our new membership tiers (which will be announced soon!)
Our new facility will have all the features we currently have (electronics lab, 3D printing, laser cutter, CNC mills, jewelry studio, workspace, hand tools, wifi, kitchenette) and a whole lot more room for events, classes and meetups. We will be phasing in more features (like wood/metalworking tools) over time.